Recruitment: Mechanical Design Engineer
Business Edge Ltd, Hampshire UK, are looking to appoint a talented and competent Mechanical Design Engineer with a wide range of design experience.
Business Edge is a privately owned, successful company, trading for over 23 years, renowned throughout the Air Conditioning & Refrigeration industry for its technical expertise, consultancy services, advanced products and City & Guilds / CITB training & certification courses.
The post requires broad knowledge in general mechanical engineering design, and ideally an understanding of thermodynamics and electrical control circuitry. We design very specialised products and accordingly, the work is extremely varied and interesting.
Duties & Capabilities
- Knowledge of material properties
- Understanding of modern machining processes
- Application of O-ring seals, general fabrication and heat treatments, etc.
- Conversant with 3D CAD (SolidWorks) essential
- Experience/knowledge of gears and mechanisms
- Understanding of electrical circuitry and control logic an advantage
- Experience with high speed rotating machinery and rotor-dynamics a distinct advantage
- Understanding of FEA and simulation in pressure-related stress calculations an advantage
- Knowledge of Directives such as PED and LVD etc.
This specific post requires a Mechanical Design Engineer holding suitable qualifications that validate their capabilities in field of mechanical design.
Our work involves the design of precision engineered components and assemblies leading to construction of working prototypes and series production.
Please send your CV to email@example.com requesting an Application Form.
Tel: 023 9223 0007